Tuesday, November 6, 2007

i would have never made it as a biology major

Wait. Really? This is in the Science section of the New York Times at the end of 2007? And it's saying antibacterial soap may lead to hardier germs? I thought we all knew this. Heck, I remember my biology teacher back in high school (year of 01-02) raving about the antibacterial hand gel that was becoming popular and how using too much of this stuff was going to make germs bigger, badder, and more resistant. Ever since then, I've refused to use the stuff, and told my mom to never buy it. (She does, sometimes.) I know some people are addicted to it. And they're ruining it for all of us.

I love scientists who admit their ideas are ludicrous. And I like the image of little mice on shaking platforms even better.

October 30 was a good day for the Science section in the New York Times. Also a highlight: the secret history of the Manhattan Project in Manhattan.

THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO AT WORK:
Hit up that free coffee right away and head over to Marmaduke Explained.